Monday, May 01, 2006

Jenny and Ling: Redux


I buried Jenny and Ling under a pile of posts. Such beautiful cats merit a bump to the top. Their email, from their home in Memphis:

We, the cats of Jenny and Rob Robertson, would like to lodge a complaint about the lack of diversity on your Web site. You have shared pictures of mongrels and humans, yet there has been no representation from the decidedly-superior feline species.

Attached is a picture of us. I, Jenny (the white cat),belonged to Rob before he met that annoying girl who now lives with us, and I remind her daily that I am the original Jenny in Rob's life. I, Ling (the black cat), like to play fetch and otherwise pretend I am a dog. While we both appreciate being rescued by our owners from the city pound, we generally do not dignify their presence in our lives and tend to act independent of their wishes.

We trust you will stop the discrimination against cats on your site and promptly post our picture. We also wish for a speedy recovery of Aunt Nancy, even if she is more of a dog person.

Sincerely,
Jenny (the original) and Ling