Thursday, July 13, 2006

Moving to Pate Rehabilitation; in Anna, TX

As I type this, Mom is in transit. Pate has a lovely, perfectly appointed rehab facility in Anna, which is 10 minutes north of McKinney. They concentrate strictly on neurologic rehab patients.

Leaving Baylor Rehab is wistful. Mom made tremendous progress while she stayed here. I've thanked the therapists, doctors, nurses, techs, receptionists, social workers, janitors, and nutrition staff. I hope they have a true sense that they have made a contribution to Mom's rehabilitation, and to her life - and to the lives of all of us who care about her.

Composing this post is my last act at Baylor Rehab. Everyone is thanked, and I am walking straight out the door in about two minutes. I will greatly miss this convenient computer. It is against the rules for me to be using it. A friendly staffer lets me break the rules, which is always delicious. People will help you, if only you will tell them what you need. Life is good that way.

Onward.